Boxing results, highlights: Devin Haney becomes undisputed champion with decisive win over George Kambosos Jr.

Devin Haney was able to move forward and travel to Australia to fight George Kambosos Jr. for the undisputed lightweight title on Saturday night. That ended up being an entirely productive choice for Haney as he ruled Kambosos across 12 rounds to come out on top for each of the four big showdowns at 135 pounds.

Haney turns out to be only the 10th contender to bind together every one of the four perceived titles in any weight class and the second most youthful at only 23.

There was next to no show in the session, with Haney promptly laying out a splendid punch that kept Kambosos from truly getting his offense rolling. As the punch landed, Haney discharged lead abandoned snares and straight right gives it, each shot deterring Kambosos from giving up with the right hand he appeared to have stacked up the whole evening.

Eventually, Haney got the consistent choice triumph with the authority scorecards perusing 116-112, 116-112 and 118-110.

"I debilitated him at his best game," Haney said after the battle. "He needed to land the overhand right and the enormous left snare. I debilitated him. I was battling the two different ways. At the point when I would go to the left I would battle his right hand. At the point when I would go to one side, I would battle his snare. He was unable to land both of them."

Haney, who entered with the WBC title, was not the man initially set to confront A large number of kambosos stunning upset prevail upon Teofimo Lopez to catch the WBC establishment title alongside holding the WBA, IBF and WBO world titles. The first arrangement was for Kambosos to shield against previous hero Vasiliy Lomachenko. At the point when Lomachenko pulled out of the session to stay in his local Ukraine after Russia's attack of the country, the open door came for Haney to quiet pundits who asserted his WBC title was ill-conceived when he was raised from break champion when Lomachenko was named establishment champion by the WBC.

After a rough form to the battle that saw Kambosos habitually use garbage talk, Haney's dad show up the night prior to the battle and Kambosos miss weight on his most memorable endeavor, Haney was quiet from the leap, looking each piece a wonderful fighter as he totally shut down Kambosos and increased the Aussie's face with a consistent eating regimen of punches.

Kambosos will have the chance for retribution as the battle with Haney incorporated a rematch proviso that likewise expressed Haney would need to get back to Australia would it be a good idea for him he win the principal go-round.

Kambosos clarified that he definitely planned to initiate that proviso while talking after the battle.

"I will give him full regard, let him have his time and we'll rehash it," Kambosos said. "I thought the battle was extremely close however I won't wreck his second. ... I'll see him very soon."

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url